- Residency Affidavits
- Distribution Requests
- Public Information Request
- Volunteer Information
- Press Releases
- eNews Registration
- School Boundary Advisory Committee
- Let's Chat!
- Kindergarten/Pre-Kinder Registration 2022-2023
- Community Connection Newsletter
- Emergency & Communication Notices
- District of Innovation
- Alvin ISD Serves
- Bond 2018 Updates
- Student Health and Safety
- 2021-22 Alvin ISD Health Plan
- Back to School 2022-23
- Class of 2022 Graduation Information
- Attendance Awareness Month
Alvin ISD Graduation Update
High school graduation is a major milestone for our students and their families. Unfortunately, this year, due to the coronavirus pandemic, graduation will have to be postponed, but Alvin ISD has made it a priority to recognize this special day and the graduates of the class of 2020.
Alvin ISD is planning two graduation ceremonies for the Class of 2020: a virtual one in May and in-person ceremony in July.
Alvin ISD sent out a survey to senior parents to get their input on how to execute graduation and gathered over 2,000 responses.
“What we heard from our families is that they want that in-person graduation experience, even if that was later this year, so we are going to do our best to make that happen,” said Alvin ISD Superintendent Carol Nelson. “By creating a virtual graduation as well, we will be able to celebrate these remarkable students on their actual graduation day so they can still have as close to the graduation experience as possible during these unprecedented times.”
The virtual graduations will include all the usual pomp and circumstance including valedictorian and salutatorian speeches and all graduating students names will be called. Alvin ISD is still planning exactly how this online graduation will look, but it will allow graduates, families and friends to watch from their homes on May 24. The time is to be determined.
Then, July 16, 17, and 18, the district is hosting in-person graduations at Alvin ISD’s Freedom Field. The commencement activities will begin at 7:30 pm for Alvin, Manvel, and Shadow Creek High Schools and RISE Academy’s graduation will be held at the Marguerite Edward’s Performing Arts Center at Alvin High School at 2:00 pm on July 17.
“We know this has been a difficult end to the school year for our seniors. Hopefully, by providing both a virtual and in-person graduation, this will give our seniors a sense of closure with high school and allow them to look ahead to their future endeavors with hope and positivity,” Nelson shared.
In-person graduation ceremonies dates and times:
- July 16, 2020 • 7:30 pm – Shadow Creek High School – Alvin ISD’s Freedom Field
- July 17, 2020 • 2:00 pm – RISE Academy – Marguerite Edwards Performing Arts Center at Alvin High School
- July 17, 2020 • 7:30 pm – Manvel High School – Alvin ISD’s Freedom Field
- July 18, 2020 • 7:30 pm – Alvin High School – Alvin ISD’s Freedom Field