36 Outstanding Alvin ISD Staff Members Receive Prestigious Alvin ISD Believes Award
During the week of October 7, 2019, Alvin ISD administrators and Board Members set out across the District to surprise 36 district employees with the Alvin ISD Believes Award. This prestigious award is a district-wide initiative and is implemented each nine weeks.
The Alvin ISD Believes Award is given to outstanding individuals who embody every component of our district vision and beliefs of:
- We believe students achieve their maximum potential when provided engaging learning opportunities.
- We believe parents expect excellence in educational experiences that will make each child's goals become achievable.
- We believe teachers create a safe and engaging learning environment that fosters the success of each student.
- We believe campus leaders establish a climate where everyone matters by creating a culture of pride and ownership in their schools.
- We believe the central office provides the foundation to equip staff with resources in a supportive environment so that each student has the opportunity to thrive.
- We believe the Board of Trustees engages the community to create an environment where excellence is prioritized to ensure each student reaches his or her maximum potential.
This is always an exciting day full of emotion when we present these wonderful educators with the well-deserved recognition.
The October 2019 Alvin ISD Believes Award recipients are:
Fernando Tamez – Maintenance
Sarah Robicheaux – Meridiana Elementary
Miranda Freitag – Meridiana Elementary
Josefina Saldivar – Meridiana Elementary
Kelley Smith – Rodeo Palms JH
Javier Mendoza – Jeter Elementary
Itziar Iriberri – Jeter Elementary
Brandi Russell – Jeter Elementary
Jennifer Matute – Jeter Elementary
Kim Masi – Jeter Elementary
Mayra Martinez – Jeter Elementary
Kay Ali – Manvel HS
Crystal Tate – Manvel HS
Ashley Thomas – Shadow Creek HS
Sheri Dominique – Brothers Elementary
Alexandria Gonzales – McNair JH
Henry Morgan – McNair JH
Fulvia Shaw – Duke Elementary
Diego Olivarez – Police
Deana Remington – Passmore Elementary
Esther McCool – Passmore Elementary
Janie Rodriguez – Alvin Elementary
Delma Recendez – Alvin Elementary
Michele MacQueen – Alvin Elementary
Sandy Holdsclaw – Nelson Elementary
Heather Benbrook – Nelson Elementary
Marie Womack – Stevenson Primary
Kim Graham – Stevenson Primary
Julie Welch – Stevenson Primary
Jerri McGhee – Mark Twain Elementary
Henry Doughty – Bus Driver
Michelle McGowen – Federal & Special Programs
Kaitlin Aycock – Insurance
Beaute See – Technology Trainer
Ana Pasarella – Parent Engagement
Rachel Moore - Communications
Alvin ISD will open the next Believes Award nomination on October 28, 2019.
To read about each of the Alvin ISD Believes Award recipients, click here: http://www.alvinisd.net/AlvinISDBelieves