When Does a Child Get Sent Home?
Alvin ISD operates a program of communicable disease control in accordance with the standards and regulations established by the Texas Department of Health, Brazoria County Health Department and in accordance with applicable laws.
Students with the following symptoms shall be excluded from school until free of symptoms or a document is received from the physician stating that the student is released to return to school. This list of sIgns and symptoms is not exhaustive.
- Temperature of 100 degrees or above
- Diarrhea, nausea and/or vomiting
- Pain and/or swelling at angle of jaw (pain in or behind the ear that is aggravated by chewing, swallowing, or opening the mouth)
- Red eye with purulent discharge or crusting
- Scaly patches on scalp (possible ringworm)
- Intense itching with evidence of open lesions or signs and symptoms of secondary infection
- Signs of jaundice
- Acute febrile illness, prodromal systemic symptoms with rash
- Open, draining lesions
The parent or authorized individual is expected to pick his or her child up within one hour of being notified of any of the above conditions.