Texas Health and Human Services (HHS) is ready to meet the challenge of providing these services. HHS provides a range of services to Texans with disabilities that help ensure their well-being, dignity and choice. Programs also are in place to support family members who care for them.
Our experienced staff and paid contractors can help eligible Texans with disabilities access services so they can:
- Live independently in their own homes or communities
- Prepare for and find jobs
- Provide medical equipment and assistive devices
- Determine eligibility for Supplemental Security Income
- Provide health care services to people who have disabilities who work
- Give family caregivers the tools to do their job