Guidelines for Writer's Workshop
Guidelines for Writer’s Workshop
1. You must always be writing or sketching in our writer’s notebook or working on a writing project.
2. Put the date in the margin each day as you start writing.
3. You need to work silently so that everyone can do their best thinking.
4. Use a soft voice when conferring with the teacher.
5. When using draft paper, write one very other line and cross out when you make mistakes.
6. Request a teacher conference when you are ready for your final draft.
7. When using final draft paper, use your best handwriting and write on every line.
8. When you complete a writing project,record the information on your Record of Writing. Then record what you learned about being a writer.
9. After you finish a final draft, put your drafts in numerical order. Then staple them together with the final draft on top, and place your project in the hanging file.
10. Place your final draft in the editor’s basket when you want the teacher to edit your project for publication.