August Lee281-331-1690, ext. 3037Office: 222Thank you for visiting my page!I am so excited to begin my 15th year as RISE Academy's school counselor. It is an honor and privilege to serve Alvin ISD's students and their families, and I am very proud to serve on this campus. There is no place like it in the state!My personal story is very similar to my students' as I was an at-risk student myself. I understand the reality of the dynamics in our emotional make-up that make it a challenge to rise up, set goals, and charge the world with both feet on the ground. I have dedicated my last 20 years to giving teenagers hope, confidence, and guidance to their life path and helping them find their purpose.I am available to discuss and assist with the following:
- 504 services
- applying academic achievement strategies
- managing emotions and apply interpersonal skills
- coping skills
- postsecondary options such as college, military, and the workforce
- student academic planning and goal setting
- short-term counseling in groups and individually
- referrals for long-term support
- collaboration with families and school staff for student success
- advocacy for students ( and working with students how to advocate for themselves)
- data analysis to identify student issues, needs, and challenges
- RISE application and selection process
This campus is rich with mentoring and coaching social-emotional learning as we work with our students to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships and make responsible decisions. We also prepare students with employability and soft skills to help them be more-rounded adults after gradution.
As RISE's counselor, I believe that my role should provide a foundation for safe and positive learning as it enhances students' ability to succeed in school, careers and life.
Students and parents, please join my Remind by texting @fd64ef to 81010.
The links below are relevant to students' posteseondary planning. Check them out:):
For those interested in joining the military, here is an ASVAB study resource for you: ASVAB Practice