VisionPomona Elementary creates passionate lifelong learners who become innovators for endless possibilities.MissionPirates are committed to engage learners in a safe and diverse learning environment to build positive relationships and achieve academic success.Core BeliefsAt Pomona, we believe that all stakeholders are partners in:
- Creating a safe learning environment
- Providing academic, social, and emotional growth
- Building life long learners
- Building strong relationships
- Adhering to the Pomona Pirate Voyage to Success Pledge
Pomona Elementary is a Capturing Kids'
Hearts National Showcase School for the Second Year in a Row!
Through the National Showcase Schools™ awards, Capturing Kids’ Hearts® recognizes and celebrates schools that go the extra mile each day, creating the social-emotional safety on school campuses that is conducive to learning. Pomona Elementary is one out of 377 schools that has been selected as a 2021-2022 Capturing Kids' Hearts National Showcase School. Because of the rigor of the evaluation process, the Capturing Kids' Hearts National Showcase School award is both a high aspiration and an exemplary recognition of excellence. Campuses implementing Capturing Kids' Hearts processes consistently report improvements in academic, behavioral, and cultural outcomes. Capturing Kids' Hearts is proud to recognize the outstanding educators who have dedicated themselves to making a difference in the lives of children. Thank you to our staff, students, and parents for all you do to make Pomona Elementary the best school!
Arrival & Dismissal Reminders
- Students arriving after 8:00 AM are considered tardy. All late arrivals must enter through the front doors and obtain a tardy pass in the front office.
- Transportation changes must be made before 2:00 PM.
- To facilitate a smooth dismissal process, parents/guardians who must pick up students early for after school doctor's appointments, etc. should do so by 2:45 PM.
- Car rider tags must be visible in the vehicle. If the car rider tag is not in the vehicle, parents/guardians must park in the front of the school and report to the front office with an ID to sign out students. Student will be released to parents/guardians at the end of car rider pick-up.
Thank you for helping us keep our Pirates safe!