Alvin Independent School District
Alvin ISD is a dynamic learning organization committed to excellence for all students and every program
· Trusting Relationships in a safe and caring environment are vital to an innovative learning organization.
· A learning organization focused on excellence will continually transform to best suit the needs of our students and community
· Through community support and engagement, quality public schools build and preserve a healthy democratic society.
· Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be provided engaging, challenging, and meaningful work
· Each student should be empowered to realized the opportunities that they have as 21st century learners
Nathan Hale will be visiting Hasse on Feb. 8th. If you would like to purchase one of his books from any vendor, you can bring it on this date and he will sign it.
The next few months, we will have a few reading incentives being done at the same time.
Students may write the same book title on all reading logs to cover all programs.
Alvin ISD Report Cards
Effective for the 2017-18 school year, all progress reports and report cards will be issued electronically. Below are the directions for accessing your students’ reports:
1. Visit www.alvinisd.net and click on the “A+” button on the top right-hand side of the website to go directly to the Skyward login page.
2. Log into your Skyward Family Access Account. If you do not know your Skyward Family Access login information, click ‘Forgot your Login/Password?’, Then click ‘I’m not a robot’, and enter your email address and click ‘Submit’. If your email address is on file in our system, you will receive an email containing your login information and a link that can be used to reset your password. If your email address in not in our system, please visit your child’s school registrar and they will help you get set up.
3. If you have multiple children, they will all be listed in a drop down menu. Select the student you want to view from the dropdown list.
4. Select “Attachments” on the left side of your screen.
5. Click “2017-2018 1st Nine Weeks Report Card”
6. You can print or save the report card or progress report for your student. UPCOMING GRADE REPORTING: Campus will send an enews when the following reports are ready to view. Elementary - 9 week report card Secondary - 3 week Progress Report/6 week Progress Report/9 week Report Card If you would like to request a paper copy of your child’s report card, please do so in writing to your child’s campus.
WARM - UP WEDNESDAYS
From now until the end of February - every Wednesday is warmup Wednesday! Enjoy!!!
PARENT INVOLVEMENT / VISITATION POLICY
You can view the parent involvement policy on-line or request a copy from your child’s teacher.
Meeting with your child’s teacher or visiting the classroom: We are asking parents to use the following guidelines when setting an appointment or visiting your child’s classroom:
We want to insure that the teacher will have the time to answer all of your questions. We also work to insure that instructional time is not interrupted during the school day.
All students are required to have current proof of residency on file. We are accepting proof of residency during regular office hours. Along with your DL or photo ID, you will need one of the following:
· Light bill
· Gas bill
· Water bill
· Lease agreement
· Mortgage statement
All bills must be current and an original statement.
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Superbowl of Reading Family Night
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Six Flags and Schlitterbahn Reading Logs Due
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM Spring Pictures and Class Pictures