I am so thrilled to be apart of the Shark family at Shadow Creek High School! I am originally from a small town in Connecticut and moved to Texas three years ago. Recently I moved to Pearland and am very excited to be teaching in my community!
I have always had a passion for both English and theatre, which only grew while I was an undergrad at the University of Connecticut (go Huskies!). After undergrad, I was fortunate to spend some time in NYC working as a Dramaturg, editing new plays and helping playwrights develop their scripts for production. I then attended Emerson College in Boston, MA, where I developed my passion for teaching. I have been so fortunate to work with students in Hartford, CT, and in HISD, and am now very excited to be bringing my passion to Alvin ISD!
Please see below for materials that you'll need to be successful in my courses:
- Access to your Google Classroom, codes are listed in the classroom on the bulletin board.
- A binder to hold handouts, assignments, tests and quizzes, and texts.
- Your everyday notebook.
- Something to write with. Only pens used on tests and quizzes.
- A book that you are currently reading. You must have one at all times.
- The class book that we are reading.