Hello! I am Mrs. Buhler, and I am in my 21st year of teaching at Alvin Junior High. I am a UHCL graduate, with a BA in Literature and Secondary Language Arts Composite. Outside of school, I live on a farm and have an assortment of animals. I enjoy spending time with family and working in my greenhouse, various crafts, and reading.My classroom is structured to include reading, writing, speaking, and listening every day. So, lets work together to make the 2021-2022 school year a year of learning.Please contact me if you ever have any questions or concerns.Pamela Buhler281-245-2770 ext. 5426Room 308Conference: 6th periodGoogle Classroom Codes:1st period: ppamntc2nd period: uttjk6c3rd period: rvy64do4th period: 2bufzza5th period: rioudat7th period: ttd5lpoTutorials:
- Tuesday before school 8:00a.m. -8:30a.m. and after school 4:10p.m.– 5:10p.m.
- I am willing to meet with you before school, during lunch, or after school to help you. Please let me know in advance, and we can work together to schedule a time that works for both of us.
- Note: The expectation is that you are attentive and working in class. Please do not waste class time only to request tutorials to make up for lost time.
- You may email for help, and I will respond as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need the following resources:
- pencils, pens (black or blue), red pen/pencil
- eraser & pencil sharpener (hand held)
- map pencils
- spirals (2)
- folder with brads and pockets
- glue (stick or bottle)
- kleenex (turn into teacher)
- (All basic supplies will be kept in the backpack. There will be no sharing with others as a safety precaution.)
Additional Information:Calendar: see Alvin ISD homepageClass/ Student Resources: dictionary, library bookOther pages that would be helpful: district main page, AJH main page & library page
- Be on-time, on task & prepared to learn EVERYDAY
- No personal electronics (including phones, smart watches, ear pods/phones) Not seen- not taken
- RESPECT the teacher, the classroom, other students: HFBO- Keep hands, feet, books, and objects to yourself.
- If I am talking, then you are listening.
- No Profanity, rude gestures, cruel teasing, or put downs are not permitted.
- No grooming/make-up, toys, or anything that will cause a distraction. It will be taken up and kept!
- No gum, food, or drinks (bottled or container water is ok)
- Trash goes in the trashcan! #NOTYOURMAID
- Leave the excuses at the door.
- If you didn’t do your homework, just admit it.
- If you didn’t understand the assignment, ask for help.
- If you didn’t study for the test, accept the grade and resolve to do better (with my help if necessary) next time.
- If you refuse to follow my rules, accept the consequences.
- Accept the word “no”
- No WHINING!
- This is MY classroom; and I’m here for one reason and one reason only: TO TEACH YOU, INSPIRE YOU, AND HELP YOU GROW