SHADOW CREEK HIGH SCHOOLDepartment of Fine Arts
The SCHS Department of Fine Arts serves as a catalyst for students to realize their creative potential by providing a personalized and rigorous learning environment, fostering experiential education and contributing to the cultural enrichment of a global society.
Our Strategic Goals
- Cultivate in all SCHS students, an appreciation for the value of the performing and visual arts
- Promote positive learning environments for our students as they seek to develop a life-long commitment to the arts
- Offer curriculum that meets or exceeds Texas standards which includes experiential programming giving students opportunities to develop as artists and scholars
- Create events to enrich the quality of life on the campus and in the community
- Empower and support our faculty and staff as superior educators, mentors, artists, scholars and administrators who engage student learning as part of a collaborative, academic and artistic process
- Contribute to students’ development as ethical leaders and responsible citizens in a global community
Our mission and strategic goals are focused on making the arts a vital, visible, accessible, innovative, and integral part of the intellectual and cultural life of Shadow Creek High School and Alvin ISD.
The Department of Fine Arts currently offers coursework in Band, Choir, Dance, Orchestra, Theater, and Visual Arts.
The Department of Fine Arts has four learning goals for all students that build on Alvin ISD’s mission and core themes.
- Communicate effectively
- Develop curiosity, critical and creative thinking skills
- Embrace global awareness, personal responsibility, and artistic integrity
- Process the history, principles, training, skills and knowledge associated with performing and visual arts to facilitate success in their chosen field