Amanda Williamsawilliams@alvinisd.net281-245-2723CM170Conference Hour: 2nd periodUniversity of HoustonB.S. MathematicsBehavior SpecialistMath Teacher
Announcement during COVID-19
As you know our classroom model has changed in lieu of COVID-19. On this page, I will include resources and links of how I will continue to provide a conducive learning environment for each child. This is new territory for us all, yet an exciting one! As we navigate through this journey together, please be reassured that we will always strive to do what’s best for each student as we try to finish out this school year.
Below, you will find sign-up information for google classroom and IXL. Parents, you are highly encouraged to sign-up as well.
- Google Classroom- I will use this to facilitate discussions between students and myself about notes and assignments during this time. Your code will be sent through skyward to your email address, so be on the lookout!
Google Classroom Login Information:
-- You may be asked to sign in. Please use your school email addresses and passwords. Parents, you may or may not be required to be invited to the class if you are using an email address that skyward does not have on file.
- Click on the "+" and "Join Class".
- Enter the code that is specific to the class you are registered in. Press "Enter" and voila!
- IXL- Students will use this to do the majority of our assignments. This also allows the student to see what he/she did wrong on a problem step by step. We have used this a lot in our class, so students should be familiar with it.
IXL Login Information:
- Go to https://www.ixl.com/.
- Username: studentID@alvinisd Password: studentID#
(For example sign-in for John Doe -- Username: 123456@alvinisd Password: 123456)
- Khan Academy has great structured lessons for both Algebra 1 and Geometry. This is a great supplement/review for what we will cover in class. Not to mention a multitude of extra practice problems to study for tests and quizzes.
- Wolfram Alpha is a great place to check answers to virtually every problem. It will even show you step by step instructions for a small monthly fee.
- Desmos is a free graphing tool and you can do most of what the Ti-Nspire calculator will do. Their are plenty of videos of "How-To" for this calculator as well and their is a free app too for your mobile devices. It does take a bit of playing around with it to get used to it. However, over the next couple of weeks, if you have a basic calculator (the one on your phone will do), that will suffice for Algebra 1, and Geometry.
- Book Access Through App orBook Access Through Tablet is a great place to find extra notes, examples and practice problems.
- Ti-Nspire- Right now, there is no free download of the TI-Nspire calculators on a mobile device. However, the TI company is offering the following subscriptions for free.
- iPad app at no cost until the end of April
- 6 month subscription of Teacher and Student software for Mac or PC
- 84 CE Chrome app will released in the coming week
As more and more information is known about these items as well as other resources, I will add it to google classroom. Please make sure you are checking your emails and google classroom or more information regarding my classes. As always be safe and I hope to see you soon!!!