Alvin ISD is a dynamic learning organization committed to excellence for each student and every program.
- We believe students achieve their maximum potential when provided engaging learning opportunities.
- We believe parents expect excellence in educational experiences that will make each child's goals become achievable.
- We believe teachers create a safe and engaging learning environment that fosters the success of each student.
- We believe campus leaders establish a climate where everyone matters by creating a culture of pride and ownership in their schools.
- We believe the central office provides the foundation to equip staff with resources in a supportive environment so that each student has the opportunity to thrive.
- We believe the Board of Trustees engages the community to create an environment where excellence is prioritized to ensure each student reaches his or her maximum potential.
Student academic performance on state and national exams will reflect continuous improvement and excellence in learning.
Emphasis will be placed on initiating strategies aimed at closing the achievement gap for at-risk, limited English proficient, special education, and economically disadvantaged students. Students will have access to extensive advanced academic offerings and programs designed to provide college credit.
Alvin ISD will expand course offerings in Career and Technology Education with an emphasis on skilled trades.
Teachers and Staff
Alvin ISD will attract and retain the highest quality teachers and staff and support their efforts with quality professional development.
Competitive district salary schedules, benefits, and a quality environment for teaching and learning will be emphasized.
Meaningful professional development opportunities will be provided that support school district goals and continuous professional growth for personnel.
Alvin ISD will invest in evolving technology and maintaining existing infrastructure in order to promote student/technology engagement in the teaching and learning process.
The district will provide technology that supports efficient administrative, district support, and teaching activities.
Technology professional development and training opportunities for personnel will be emphasized.
Facilities will be provided that are supportive of a quality instructional program and represent the importance of public education within the community.
Facility improvements will reflect the importance of energy management and conservation in maintaining efficient fiscal operations.
Community input and involvement will be sought if new facilities or significant renovations are proposed by the district.
Facilities will be provided that provide a safe and secure environment for students and district personnel.
Alvin ISD will actively engage parents and the district communities in the education process of our students.
The district will provide opportunities for parents and community members to become active campus volunteers.
Available positions on the District Improvement Committee, Campus Improvement Committees, and other committees that contribute to the success of the district will be made known to the general public.
Alvin ISD will be efficient managers of all district revenues by targeting expenditures through careful planning and goal setting strategies.
District goals and priorities will be supported by appropriate budget allocations.
Alvin ISD will widely distribute information concerning the district budget, tax rate, and accountability ratings associated with fiscal management.