Vision and Core Beliefs
District VisionAlvin ISD is a dynamic learning organization committed to excellence for each student and every program.Core Beliefs
- We believe students achieve their maximum potential when provided engaging learning opportunities.
- We believe parents expect excellence in educational experiences that will make each child's goals become achievable.
- We believe teachers create a safe and engaging learning environment that fosters the success of each student.
- We believe campus leaders establish a climate where everyone matters by creating a culture of pride and ownership in their schools.
- We believe the central office provides the foundation to equip staff with resources in a supportive environment so that each student has the opportunity to thrive.
- We believe the Board of Trustees engages the community to create an environment where excellence is prioritized to ensure each student reaches his or her maximum potential.
- Student academic performance on local, state and national exams will reflect continuous improvement and excellence in learning.
- Emphasis will be placed on strategies aimed at closing the achievement gap for at-risk, limited English proficient, special education, and economically disadvantaged students. Students will have access to extensive advanced academic offerings and programs designed to provide college credit.
- Courses in Career and Technology Education will be emphasized as students complete 4-year graduation plans in order to advance students on a post-secondary college and career path.
Teachers and Staff
- Alvin ISD will attract and retain the highest quality teachers and staff and support their efforts with quality professional development.
- Competitive district salary schedules, benefits, and a quality environment for teaching and learning will be emphasized.
- Meaningful professional development opportunities will be provided that support school district goals and continuous professional growth for all personnel.
- Alvin ISD will invest in sustainable technology and maintaining existing infrastructure and training to promote student/technology engagement in the learning process, and effective district operations.
- The district will provide technology that supports efficient administrative, district support, and teaching activities.
- Alvin ISD facilities will be provided that support safe instructional programs that represent the importance of public education within the community, and allow for a high quality education.
- Facilities will be designed and operated in an efficient and responsible manner.
- Community input and involvement will be sought if new facilities or significant renovations are proposed by the district.
- Alvin ISD will actively engage parents and the district communities in the education process of our students.
- Emphasis will be placed on opportunities for parents and community members to become active campus volunteers.
- Parents and community members will be sought out for positions on the District Improvement Committee, Campus Improvement Committees, and other committees that contribute to the success of the district.
- Alvin ISD will be efficient managers of district resources and will prioritize expenditures through careful planning and alignment with identified goals.
- District goals and priorities will be supported with appropriate budget allocations.
- Alvin ISD will honor a commitment of transparency by making information related to the district budget, tax rate, and fiscal accountability ratings readily accessible on the district website.