Want to break records? Check out Fairview's fastest times!
There is a new gate blocking direct access to the pool that prevents access using Beauregard.
2019 Fairview Junior High Swimming and Water Polo
Before the 1st Day of Practice
- Every student aspiring to participate in the Fairview Swimming Program must have an Athletic Physical on file with AISD and PlanetHS (Arbiter) along with all other necessary forms and signatures. Details can be found on the Fairview Junior High Athletics website.
- Every student aspiring to participate in the Fairview Swimming Program must be eligible to participate according to the UIL academic grading requirements.
- Every student aspiring to participate in the Fairview Swimming Program must try to provide their own swimwear – one piece suit for girls, a “jammer” (shorts) is recommended for boys.
- Every student also needs a swim cap, pair of goggles, and a water bottle is recommended for practice.
- Parents will drop off their athlete at the AHS pool for each scheduled practice.
- Swimmers should be dressed and ready to get in the pool upon arrival.
- Practice will begin at 6:30 a.m. and conclude around 7:35 a.m.
- Swimmers are expected to be at every practice, but it is understood that there are other sports in season – try to attend at least three swimming practices a week. All sports are flexible on practice time.
- Students will be bussed back to Fairview in time to change, shower, and eat breakfast before school starts.
- Meets will take place at Angleton, Brazoswood, Alvin, and Friendswood high schools.
- Meets generally start at 5:30 p.m. and end around 7:00 p.m.
- Swimmers will be bussed to and from FJH to the swim meets except for meets at Alvin High School where your athlete will be picked up from AHS after the meet is over.
- A swimmer can be taken home from the meet if the proper release form is signed after the swim meet is over. Coach Sklar will have a form available for parents / guardians to sign and go.
- Water polo clinic begins in May. A schedule will be released as the date approaches.
- The clinic will be hosted at Alvin High School – AFTER SCHOOL the week before the tournament.
- Parents will pick up their swimmer from Alvin High School at the conclusion of each practice.
- Water polo has one Friday/Saturday round robin tournament usually held at Manvel High School.
- 2019FJHswim remind is used to communicate swimming information to parents and athletes.
- Remind communication will typically take place between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- It is highly encouraged for all parents and students to join – instructions can be found in the information packet and on the FJH swimming website.