Want to break records? Check out Fairview's fastest times!
There is a new gate blocking direct access to the pool that prevents access using Beauregard.
2019 Fairview Junior High Swimming and Water Polo
Before the 1st Day of Practice
- Every student aspiring to participate in the Fairview Swimming Program must have an Athletic
Physical on file with AISD and Arbiter along with all other necessary forms and signatures. Details can be found on the Fairview Junior High Athletics website.
- Every student aspiring to participate in the Fairview Swimming Program must be eligible to participate according to the UIL academic grading requirements.
- Every student aspiring to participate in the Fairview Swimming Program must try to provide their own swimwear – one piece suit for girls, a “jammer” (shorts) is recommended for boys.
- Every student also needs a swim cap, pair of goggles, and a water bottle is recommended for practice.
*We do have swim caps and goggles available IN LIMITED SUPPLY, but you are encouraged to bring your own equipment. A little blue somewhere in the suit is encouraged but not required!
- Parents will drop off their athlete at the AHS pool for each scheduled practice.
- Swimmers should be dressed and ready to get in the pool upon arrival.
- Practice will begin at 6:30 a.m. and conclude around 7:35 a.m.
- Swimmers are expected to be at every practice, but it is understood that there are other sports in season – try to attend at least three swimming practices a week. All sports are flexible on practice time.
- Students will be bussed back to Fairview in time to change, shower, and eat breakfast before school starts.
- Meets will take place at Angleton, Shadow Creek, Alvin, and Friendswood high schools.
- Meets generally start at 5:30 p.m. and end around 7:00 p.m.
- Swimmers will be bussed to and from FJH to the swim meets except for meets at Alvin High School where your athlete will be picked up from AHS after the meet is over.
- A swimmer can be taken home from the meet only if the proper release form is completed before the child boards the bus to go to the meet. These forms are available on the swimming website.
- Water polo begins two - three weeks after the swimming championships
- The Water Polo clinic will be hosted at Alvin High School – AFTER SCHOOL the week before the tournament.
- Water polo has one Friday/Saturday round robin tournament at Manvel High School.
- 2019FJHswim remind is used to communicate swimming information to parents and athletes.
- Remind communication will typically take place between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- It is highly encouraged for all parents and students to join – instructions can be found in the information packet and on the FJH swimming website.