Welcome to Alvin Junior High Swimming!PRACTICE WILL BEGIN 10/30/19NEW REMIND: TEXT=>@swimajhTO => 81010
FALL 2019 ALVIN JH SWIMMING AND WATER POLO INFORMATION
Before the 1st Day of Practice
- Every student aspiring to participate in the AJH Swimming Program must have an Athletic Physical on file with AISD and PlanetHS (Arbiter) along with all other necessary forms and signatures. Website is arbiterathlete.com
- Every student aspiring to participate in the AJH Swimming Program must be eligible to participate according to the UIL academic grading requirements.
- Every student aspiring to participate in the AJH Swimming Program must try to provide their own swimwear– one piece suit for girls (dark color and NOT low-cut), a “jammer” ( spandex-type shorts) are recommended for boys.
- Every student also needs a pair of goggles and a cap is strongly suggested .
- Parents will drop off their athlete at the AHS pool for each scheduled practice.
- Swimmers should be dressed and ready to get in the pool upon arrival.
- Practice will begin at 6:30 a.m. and conclude around 7:30 a.m.
- Swimmers are expected to be at every practice, but it is understood that there are other sports in season – try to attend at least three swimming practices a week. All sports are flexible on practice time.
- Students will be bussed back to AJH in time to change, shower, and eat breakfast before school starts.
- ALL SWIMMERS MUST SUPPLY THEIR OWN TOWELS!
- Meets will take place at Alvin HS, Shadow Creek HS, and Friendswood HS.
- Meets generally start at 5:30 p.m. and end around 7:30 p.m.
- (DISTRICT WILL START EARLIER AND LAST LONGER THAN THE OTHER MEETS)
- Swimmers will be bussed to and from AJH to the swim meets except for meets at Alvin High School where your athlete will be picked up from AHS after the meet is over.
- A swimmer can be taken home from the meet if the proper release form is signed after the swim meet is over.
- Coach Edwards will have a form available for parents / guardians to sign and go (AFTER THE CONCLUSION OF THE MEET, NOT WHILE IT IS STILL GOING ON).
- Water polo clinic begins in May. A schedule will be released as the date approaches.
- The clinic will be hosted at Alvin High School – AFTER SCHOOL the week before the tournament.
- Parents will pick up their swimmer from Alvin High School at the conclusion of each practice.
- Water polo has one Friday/Saturday round robin tournament usually held at Manvel High School.
- ALL PARENTS AND SWIMMERS MUST BE ON REMIND,REMIND IS USED ALL THE TIME FOR COMMUNICATION DURING SWIM SEASON.
- Remind: TEXT→ @swimajh
TO → 81010