Welcome to Alvin Junior High Swimming!We will start practicing in the next couple of weeks but I need to get a number of students who are interested in swim so that practices can be scheduled. We will be sharing the pool with Fairview again this year and Harby will practicing with us also so there will be limited space. If the numbers are up, we might even have a boy practice day and a girl practice day.*WE WILL HAVE 4 MEETS THIS YEAR BUT WE WILL NOT HAVE A SWIM CHAMPS (DISTRICT) MEET THIS YEAR ALSO PARENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AT THE MEETS SO THAT THE TEAMS CAN BE SPACED OUT DUE TO COVID*I NEED YOU TO CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK AND FILL OUT THE GOOGLE FORM BEFORE YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO TRY OUT THIS YEAR! AJH SWIM SURVEY (YOU HAVE TO USE YOUR AISD EMAIL TO FILL OUT THE FORM)JUST A HEADS UP!!!Due to everything going on this year and to keep y'all safe on the bus, I will have to limit my numbers this year so I will have to have some kind of tryouts and cut people if my numbers are high at the beginning of the year. This tryout will include swimming a 50 under a certain time and not being afraid to dive off the starting blocks!PRACTICE WILL BEGIN ?NEW REMIND: TEXT 81010@swimajh
THIS INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE!
FALL 2020 ALVIN JH SWIMMING AND WATER POLO INFORMATION
Before the 1st Day of Practice
- Every student aspiring to participate in the AJH Swimming Program must have an Athletic Physical on file with AISD and PlanetHS (Arbiter) along with all other necessary forms and signatures. Website is arbiterathlete.com
- Every student aspiring to participate in the AJH Swimming Program must be eligible to participate according to the UIL academic grading requirements.
- Every student aspiring to participate in the AJH Swimming Program must try to provide their own swimwear– one piece suit for girls (dark color and NOT low-cut), a “jammer” ( spandex-type shorts) are recommended for boys.
- Every student also needs a pair of goggles and a cap is strongly suggested .
- Parents will drop off their athlete at the AHS pool for each scheduled practice.
- Swimmers should be dressed and ready to get in the pool upon arrival.
- Practice will begin at 6:30 a.m. and conclude around 7:30 a.m.
- Swimmers are expected to be at every practice, but it is understood that there are other sports in season – try to attend at least three swimming practices a week. All sports are flexible on practice time.
- Students will be bussed back to AJH in time to change, shower, and eat breakfast before school starts.
- ALL SWIMMERS MUST SUPPLY THEIR OWN TOWELS!
- Meets will take place at Alvin HS, Shadow Creek HS, and Friendswood HS.
- Meets generally start at 5:30 p.m. and end around 7:30 p.m.
- (DISTRICT WILL START EARLIER AND LAST LONGER THAN THE OTHER MEETS)
- Swimmers will be bussed to and from AJH to the swim meets except for meets at Alvin High School where your athlete will be picked up from AHS after the meet is over.
- A swimmer can be taken home from the meet if the proper release form is signed after the swim meet is over.
- Coach Edwards will have a form available for parents / guardians to sign and go (AFTER THE CONCLUSION OF THE MEET, NOT WHILE IT IS STILL GOING ON).
- Water polo clinic begins in May. A schedule will be released as the date approaches.
- The clinic will be hosted at Alvin High School – AFTER SCHOOL the week before the tournament.
- Parents will pick up their swimmer from Alvin High School at the conclusion of each practice.
- Water polo has one Friday/Saturday round robin tournament usually held at Manvel High School.
- ALL PARENTS AND SWIMMERS MUST BE ON REMIND,REMIND IS USED ALL THE TIME FOR COMMUNICATION DURING SWIM SEASON.
- Remind: TEXT→