- Tutorials are a primary component contributing to the success of AVID students.
- Based on the Socratic Method, tutorials are an exercise in higher level thinking and questioning.
- College students facilitate the tutorials so that they operate in much the same manner as cooperative college study groups.
- In order to benefit from tutorials, AVID students must come to class on Tuesdays and Thursdays prepared with their Tutorial Form (TRF) completed. Students failing to comply will only receive points for notes and reflection.
- *It is important to note that even if a student is earning a grade higher than a 75 in all his/her classes, he/she is still expected to participate in tutorials twice per week because tutorials are an exercise in higher level thinking and problem-solving.