The State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR®) program, implemented in spring 2012, includes annual assessments for:
- mathematics at grades 3–8
- reading language arts (RLA) at grades 3-8
- science at grades 5 and 8
- social studies at grade 8
- end-of-course (EOC) assessments for Algebra I, English I, English II, Biology, and U.S History.
To learn more about state assessments and find resources for your child, visit the Texas Education Agency's STAAR Student and Families webpage at Txassessment.gov.