- Your child will have still have Google classrooms.
- Reading/Writing/Social Studies
- Google Classroom will be for resources and some assignments.
- Google Classroom:
- Stream tab will have announcements/updates.
- Classwork tab will have assignments organized by weeks.
- Feedback will be provided after the assignment is turned in, please look over your child’s work weekly.
- Week-at-a-glance emails go out Friday afternoons.
Absences: Please send a note with your child when he/she returns from an absence so that the office may excuse that absence.
Progress Reports/Report Cards: Progress reports will be sent home every 4 1/2 weeks to help keep you informed of your child’s averages and any missing assignments. Progress reports should be signed and returned the day after received. Report cards are given to your child every 9 weeks.
Late Work: As per Alvin ISD policy, late assignments will be accepted for a period of 3 days after it is assigned. A maximum of 10 points will be deducted for late work each day. After 3 days, the student will earn a zero on the assignment.
Corrections: It is imperative for students to learn from their mistakes. Students will be given an opportunity to “redo” any failing grade (below 70) for a grade not exceeding a 70 (with the exception of district benchmark tests).
Parent-Teacher Conferences: Conferences are an important part of your child’s education. Please feel free to contact us via email to schedule a conference. Conferences this year will be held virtually. Our conference time is 2:25-3:15.