PARAPROFESSIONAL EXAM INFORMATION
Paraprofessionals play important roles in schools and help make classrooms more inclusive . They add another layer of support to the classroom, allowing students to have more opportunities for one-on-one support.
The No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act requires that paraprofessionals meet one of the following qualifications if the paraprofessional will perform instructional duties in a Title I, Part A program:
- Have completed 48 semester hours of college coursework; or
- Have obtained an associate's (or higher) degree; or
- Have met a rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate, through a formal state or local academic assessment
- Knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing and mathematics; or
- Knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading readiness, writing readiness and mathematics readiness, as appropriate.
If you have not completed 48 college hours or earned an associate's degree or higher, you can become recognized as a highly qualified paraprofessional by ALVIN ISD through the successful completion of the ParaPro Assessment. The ParaPro Assessment is an online test which is administered monthly by the Human Resources Department. To register for an upcoming assessment, please call or email Ana Huffman. Please note that the deadline to register for each assessment is exactly one week prior to the test date.
You will be required to wear a mask while testing. You can find study guides and additional information about the assessment at Para Study Guide.
Please email Ana Huffman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
Exam days will be located at JBH (media room)
Exam time and Exam days
NOTE: ONLY 12 PEOPLE PER SESSION DATE
10AM -2PM SESSION
September 8, 2021
September 22, 2021
October 6, 2021
October 20, 2021
November 3, 2021
November 17, 2021
December 1, 2021
December 15, 2021
January 5, 2022
January 19, 2022
February 2, 2022
February 16, 2022
March 2, 2022
March 23, 2022
April 6, 2022
April 20, 2022
May 4, 2022
May 18, 2022
HR Assistant / Paraprofessional Coordinator
Alvin ISD Human Resources Department