PARAPROFESSIONAL EXAM INFORMATION
Paraprofessionals play important roles in schools and help make classrooms more inclusive . They add another layer of support to the classroom, allowing students to have more opportunities for one-on-one support.
The No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act requires that paraprofessionals meet one of the following qualifications if the paraprofessional will perform instructional duties in a Title I, Part A program:
- Have completed 48 semester hours of college coursework; or
- Have obtained an associate's (or higher) degree; or
- Have met a rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate, through a formal state or local academic assessment
- Knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing and mathematics; or
- Knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading readiness, writing readiness and mathematics readiness, as appropriate.
If you have not completed 48 college hours or earned an associate's degree or higher, you can become recognized as a highly qualified paraprofessional by ALVIN ISD through the successful completion of the ParaPro Assessment. The ParaPro Assessment is an online test which is administered monthly by the Human Resources Department. To register for an upcoming assessment, please call or email Ana Huffman. Please note that the deadline to register for each assessment is exactly one week prior to the test date.
You will be required to wear a mask while testing. You can find study guides and additional information about the assessment at Para Study Guide.
Please email Veronica Lopez at email@example.com or call 281-245-2146 to schedule your exam.
Human Resources Clerk
Alvin ISD Human Resources Department