Welcome to Communities In Schools
Alvin High School
Communities In Schools is dedicated to meeting the needs of our students through supportive guidance and counseling, health and human services, parental and family engagement, college and career awareness, enrichment activities, and academic enhancement and support in a personal one-on-one relationship. CIS supports the students’ positive growth and achievement by addressing individual needs in a caring, personalized, holistic, and accountable manner.During the school year, your child will participate in enrichment and academic activities. This may include mentoring, peer mediation, support groups, academic support, community service projects, college field trips, and recreational activities. CIS also provides one-on-one supportive guidance that will help the student to improve attendance, academic performance, and behavior.All services are provided at NO COST to the students and their families who are enrolled in the CIS program. Please feel free to call or contact me if you have any questions. Thank you and I look forward to working with you and your child.You can find a copy of our Parent Permission form at the bottom of this page. You can print and send a completed form via email to Mrs. McBride for registration into the program.Jessika McBrideCampus CoordinatorOffice Phone: 281-245-2600Room LK105
- One on One guidance in areas such as: Mental Health, Self Esteem and Social Skills
- Lunch Groups & Peer Lead Groups
- Clothing, hygiene products & school supplies
- Houston Food Bank & Backpack Buddy (Food Assistance)*
- Academic Monitoring and Tutorial Assistance
- Vision, Housing, Health Referrals
- Parental Involvement
* The Houston Food Bank is available to AHS on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. The flyer with dates for the 22-23 school year is attached below.
* Referral forms for Backpack Buddy assistance are attached below.