Geometry Honors Course Information
Mrs. Sonya Ortiz Contact Information
Geometry Honors email: email@example.com
Room CM 253 phone: 281-345-4000 Ext. 4257
*Pencils * Scissors *Color Pencils *Protractor *Graph Paper *Ruler 6in *Glue sticks or Tape *3 Ring Binder/Spirals
IXL Math Login: Student Id#@alvinisd
Password: Student Id#
- Google Calendar is embedded in my google classroom
- Topics and Assignments
- Test Dates
- Be aware of important dates
- There will be an assignment everyday mostly due the next school day.
- No assignments on test and quiz days
- Book website: http://connected.mcgraw-hill.com/connected/login.do
Make up Work
- Notes and Assignments will be posted in my google classroom
- The student will get an extra day for each day missed to turn in assignments
One day late – maximum grade of 85
Two days late – maximum grade of 70 More than two days late – grade of zero
- Attendance is a NECESSITY!
- I want to see your smiling face EVERYDAY!!
All students will have the opportunity to retest, whether they pass or fail a test.
The procedures for retesting are as follows:
1) Come in for tutoring either after school or during google meet for you do corrections. During corrections I want to you use your notes, the internet, or ask me questions if you can’t find how to work the problems. (This allows you to retest for HALF the points back).
2) Complete a retest review at 100% correct. (This allows you to retest for full credit.)
The following scale is used for calculating your child’s grade:
Major Grades (Tests/Projects) 30%
Daily Grades (Homework/Quizzes) 70%
Total Grade 100%
Monday – Wednesday from 3:00 – 3:30