World Geography Syllabus 2020-2021
Instructor: Meagan Bunker CM222 281-245-3000 Ext: 2722 mbunker@Alvinisd.net
Course Description: World Geography examines people, places, and environments at local, regional, national and international levels from spatial and ecological perspectives.
- pencils, Pen
- Spiral 70 count
- Map Pencils (box of at least 12)
Major grades – 40% (Tests, essays, projects, etc.; at least 2 per six weeks)
Minor grades – 60% (Maps, worksheets, articles, quizzes, participation, homework, etc.
(Quizzes assess whether or not students are keeping up with the assigned readings. They can be unannounced, and may be at the beginning or end of the period.) Papers with no names are ZEROS
Cheating: There is an honor code in this class. All students are expected to abide by it. Any form
of cheating, which includes telling other students what is on tests, essays, quizzes, etc., will not be
tolerated. Copying other students’ work is also considered cheating. Will result in a zero.
Late Assignments: 15 pts first day late, 20 pts second day late and 30 pts on the third day. After the third day, late the assignment will not be taken and the student will receive a Zero.
Make-up Work: This is the student’s responsibility. All the make-up work and
exams will be completed outside of the regular class time. Please check Google classroom for assignments missed either for being out sick , Dr. appt or extra-curricular activities.
- MAJOR ASSIGNMENTS: Exams and essays should be taken within one week of the
original exam date, and it is the student’s responsibility to make the arrangements, as
well as to show up on the agreed-upon date.
- Follow all the rules provided in the school student handbook.
- Intolerant or disrespectful remarks regarding other people’s views, beliefs, opinions, culture, or lifestyle is not acceptable behavior in this classroom. This will result in letters of apology or detentions at a minimum.
- Restroom use should be done before class. No restroom use during class
Cell Phones and other electronic devices must be in your backpack. Backpacks will be left at the front of the classroom.
NOT SEEN,NOT HEARD,NOT TAKEN
Tutoring: Tutoring is available Monday-Thursday 6:45-7:15. Monday- Thursday 3:10-3:40 If needed a student can schedule other times.