College Board and ACT Testing for Students with a Disability
Some students with documented disabilities may be eligible for accommodations through College Board Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) and ACT Test Accessibility and Accommodations System (TAA).
*College Board Exams include: PSAT, SAT, SAT Subject Tests, and AP exams.
*ACT Exams include: ACT Test and ACT Writing Test
In general, students approved for College Board SSD and/or ACT TAA testing accommodations meet the following criteria:
- Student has a documented disability
- Participation in any standardized exam is impacted by the disability
- Requested accommodation is reasonable and needed/necessary
- Accommodation is provided for school tests and documented in the student’s academic plan (e.g. IEP/IAP)
To apply for College Board testing accommodations, please complete the following:
- Complete the following Google Form to initiate the request: https://forms.gle/yYfdJYwLp3mXTcXx9
- SSD Coordinator will utilize school professionals, education plans on file, and the parent’s completed Google Form to complete the request with College Board. Additional information may be needed and you may be contacted.
- Once the application has been submitted by the SSD Coordinator, you will be notified by email once College Board has made a decision. The approval process can take up to seven weeks.
- See the College Board website for more information: https://www.collegeboard.org/students- with-disabilities.
To apply for ACT testing accommodations, please complete the following:
- Create or log in to an existing account at http://www.act.org/content/act/en/register.html.
- Register for the ACT test, and indicate the need for accommodations and/or English learner supports. Be sure to select the type of accommodation or English learner supports you need.
- Upon completion of your registration, you’ll receive an email from ACT with instructions on how to work with your school to submit a request.
- Forward the email mentioned above to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a completed Consent to Release Information to ACT Please allow up to two weeks for your request to be processed and completed.
- See the ACT website for more information: http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and- services/the-act/registration/accommodations.html.