Alvin ISD Rezoning Transfer Eligibility Requirements
TRANSFERS DUE TO ZONING CHANGES
Transfers for Students rezoned due to Boundary Changes - CURRENTLY ENROLLED STUDENTS
There is an opportunity for currently enrolled students to remain at the campus that they currently attend through grade level transition from that campus. The following are stipulations for zoning transfers:
- TRANSPORTATION WILL NOT BE PROVIDED - If a student is on a transfer to remain at a campus after the rezoning process the District will not provide transportation.
- DEADLINE - For consideration under this clause the transfer request must be completed and submitted by the published deadline. (April 9, 2021)
- CURRENTLY ENROLLED - Transfers will be available for students currently enrolled on the affected campus. Students yet to enroll, including siblings, will enroll in the most recently zoned campus. (To qualify as a currently enrolled student the student had to be enrolled in ALVIN ISD on August 24,2020)
- APPROVAL GUIDELINES - Student must be in good standing with discipline and attendance to be eligible for transfer.
- Attendance - less than 5 absences, of any kind, in the 2020-2021 school year.
- Tardies - less than 5 tardies in the 2020-2021 school year.
- Discipline - less than 3 discipline referrals in the 2020-2021 school year
- Discipline - no significant discipline consequence (OSS, or alternative placement during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Transfer is only for the campus where the student is currently enrolled. These transfers do not apply after campus grade transition.
- Only students who are enrolled with a valid proof of residency as a bona-fide resident are eligible for consideration for a transfer due to zoning changes.
- Transfer application will have to be submitted and approved annually to continue enrollment.
Start Date: March 22, 2021 End Date: April 9, 2021