The JSC Office of STEM Engagement is kicking off the 21st year of the NASA High School Aerospace Scholars (HAS) program!
Applications accepted September 10 through October 23, 2019
The NASA High School Aerospace Scholars (HAS) program is seeking 11th grade Texas students to participate in a FREE STEM program.
HAS is an authentic learning experience for Texas high school juniors to engage with NASA’s mission and become the next generation of explorers. Like-minded students will complete an online curriculum in exploration and discovery. The highest achieving students are invited to a 6-day residential experience to NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston during the summer where they will be mentored by NASA scientists and engineers (many are HAS alumni) while working in teams to plan a mission to Mars. Both online and onsite portions are free to participants. Students are also eligible for a high school science elective credit, scholarship and internship opportunities. *All requirements to be eligible to participate in the program are listed online.
* Students can apply for the program by visiting www.nasa.gov/has<http://www.
The website includes information, downloadable brochure<https://www.nasa.gov/
centers/johnson/stem/High_ School_Aerospace_Scholars.html > and poster<https://www.nasa.gov/ centers/johnson/stem/High_ School_Aerospace_Scholars.html >, and the link to apply.
* You can also learn more about the program by viewing the videos on our homepage:
* What Can You See<https://www.nasa.gov/
centers/johnson/stem/High_ School_Aerospace_Scholars.html >
* A Journey of Discovery<https://www.youtube.
* Get the word out to students on the morning announcements, in parent newsletters, in the school newspaper, in community papers and on your school’s social media platforms using the attached shareable and using #NASAHAS!