Nolan Ryan JH Discipline Plan
Discipline is a process that uses teaching, modeling, restoration, and additional techniques to maintain and ensure a safe, orderly, and productive learning environment.
Nolan Ryan Longhorns are
- Respectful: Respect yourself, others, and property.
- Responsible: Be on time, be prepared, accept consequences for poor choices, and strive for success.
- Caring: Be kind and considerate of others. Contribute to a positive school culture that celebrates everyone.
Campus Wide Rules and Consequences
Campus Rules in all Classes
- Be in your seat with necessary supplies on your desk when the bell rings.
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Respect the teacher, other adults in the classroom, your classmates, and yourself, both in actions and words.
- Keep hands, feet, and all other objects to yourself.
- Always work hard and do your best. No excuses.
School Wide Consequences:
- 1st offense: Verbal Warning
- 2nd offense: Contact parent or guardian, entered as a classroom referral. Complete reflection sheet.
- 3rd offense: Lunch and/or After School detention. Complete reflection sheet.
- 4th offense: Contact parent or guardian AND restorative circle with an administrator and teacher
- 5th offense: Office Referral to Administration
Serious infractions, such as profanity directed to a teacher, fighting, aggression, etc.,
will be immediately referred to the office.
Cell phone infractions fall under the cell phone policy.
Campus Wide Kindness Rewards
Students who exhibit behavior that exemplifies strong character or kindness may receive a kindness coin. Kindness coins may be redeemed for:
- Lunch on the patio
- Merchandise from the Kindness Kart on Fridays
- Slushes in the cafeteria
- Voucher for Snack Shack