SC BAND ONLINE LEARNING UPDATE
Students and Parents,
We're moving forward with our online assessments, with our first assignments due next Friday, 3/27! There are several new sections of the band website that you should familiarize yourself with. Please read all the way through this to get the information at the end.
EXERCISES & LINKS
This page has general music links, videos, and rhythm sheets. We'll keep adding more resources to this page as long as we're out of school.
This is the most important page, as every band class has an assigment listed here. None of this should be too difficult; the most important thing for now is that you find a set time every day to practice! The plan right now is to update this page every Friday with a new assessment due one week after posting. Let us know if you have any questions about the assignment.
SCALES AND INTERVALS
This page contains most of the in-class scale and interval exercises that we work on at SCHS.
WW, BRASS, AND PERCUSSION EXERCISES AND PRACTICE MATERIALS
These page contains instrument-specific handouts for wind and percussion students, but we've also collected and posted a number of method books and exercises from a variety of sources. Please take some time to look through these materials as you look for things to work on.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FOR BAND
Here's what you need to do to successfully manage this difficult situation:
- Set a specific daily practice time. Try to do 30-60 minutes every day. If you look through what you already have and everything you can find on this site or other sites, you'll easily be able to make that work.
- Work on your weekly class assignment, and submit the weekly assessment.
- Consider online lessons! Email if you're interested.
- Reach out if you need help. Band isn't the easiest class to manage with distance learning, but all of your directors can be available during school hours if you need assistance. Send an email, and a time can be scheduled.
- Have some fun! Find some new music to play or watch music groups online. Play some duets online with your friends. Try something new, and have fun playing your instrument!
Stay safe, stay healthy, and keep practicing every day!
Josh Mooney, SCHS Band