Basic Information:The Duke TIP 7th Grade Talent Search helps educators and families determine how advanced their students’ academic abilities truly are. Traditional testing often fails to measure the variation among many academically talented students who reach the upper limits of scoring on grade-level exams. Above-level testing at least two years above a student's current grade offers gifted students and their families a far better understanding of how the student compares to his or her gifted peers and what level of educational challenge is appropriate.Students are identified based on standardized test scores achieved while attending elementary or middle school. As part of the talent search enrollment, they are invited to take either the ACT or the SAT college entrance exam as a seventh grader which allows them greater insight into their academic abilities. In addition, experts at Duke TIP have developed and compiled information to inspire academically talented young people to learn through exciting, stimulating and challenging educational opportunities to augment their capabilities.
If you would like to learn more about Duke TIP, please visit the website below. http://www.tip.duke.edu/node/238Want to practice for the SAT?
- Getting Ready for the SAT: click here
- SAT Question of the Day: http://sat.collegeboard.org/practice/sat-question-of-the-day
- Khan Academy for the SAT: https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/sat
- Apps: SAT question of the day or SAT Up
Want to practice for the ACT?
- Preparing for the ACT: http://www.act.org/aap/pdf/Preparing-for-the-ACT.pdf
- ACT question of the day: http://www.act.org/qotd/
- App: ACT Up