4. Fill out a Class A Volunteer FORM.
5. Complete the Concussions in Sports TRAINING.
6. Attend a sport specific coaches training offered through Special Olympics Texas.
Maintaining Your Coaches Certification
- Annually, receive Area Conference changes from HOD. The Area Conference includes rule changes, policies and procedures, new sports, the calendar of events, etc. for Coaches to stay updated.
- Remain active in the Special Olympics program in the specific sport(s) selected. An absence of more than 12 months will result in a lapse of certification and require the coach to attend another training school. Examples of remaining active in the sport include, but are not limited to, practicing with a team in the sport; conducting clinics in the sport; attending TAPHERD conferences or other organizations where sports are a main focus; participating in sports competitions; or serving as a training clinic sports clinician.
- Attend all required coaches meetings for the sport in which they are active.
- Every three years, the coach must attend the Protective Behaviors and Concussion in Sports training and submit a new Class A Volunteer Application.
Contact Us: email@example.com