VOLUNTEERSFor the Shadow Creek Band program to be successful, we need YOUR help! The band needs volunteers to chaperone, move equipment, feed students, build marching show props, make sure marching uniforms fit, and so much more!
STEPS TO VOLUNTEER
- Complete an Alvin ISD background check here.
- Login to your Charms account. (Charms login instructions here)
- Click the “Volunteer” icon on the main page.
- Select an event from the drop down box.
- Click on the “Show Volunteers” button.
- Enter your name and contact information then click “Sign Up”.
- Not seeing the event you're looking for? Not sure how to navigate Charms?? Want to help, but you're not sure what's needed??? Contact our Vice President of Volunteers, Daisy Pham, at firstname.lastname@example.org or one of the band directors and we'll point you in the right direction!
- Enjoy your time with the students! Thank you!!!
- Uniforms - Make sure marching and concert season uniforms fit the students
- Feeding the Students - Setting up and serving dinner to the band students on game days and at contests
- Chaperoning for football games, contests, and overnight trips - Riding buses, assisting with halftime preparations, assisting with plumes and water at games and contests.
- Pit Crew - Move the front percussion ensemble, props, etc. on and off the field at football game halftime and contests
- Prop Building - Build props for the marching show
- Hospitality - Coordinate meals for contest judges and band directors
- Event Assistance - Social events, poinsettia fundraiser delivery day, mattress fundraiser setup, fun run help
- Band Awards Banquet - Helping prepare, set up, and serve at the Band Awards Banquet
- Audit Committee - Helping prepare the annual end-of-year financial statements
- Sponsorships - Helping find and secure corperate or family sponsorships for the band boosters.
There are many, many volunteer opportunities not listed above. If you would like to dedicate some of your time and talents to the benefit of the students in the Shadow Creek Band, we will find a way for you to help! Contact one of the band directors or Daisy Pham at email@example.com.