**All 8th grade students, please click below to complete this form with your College Board information:
ALL HJH 8TH GRADERS WILL TAKE THE PSAT 8/9 ON 10/16/19.
HERE ARE RESOURCES THAT PROVIDE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PSAT 8/9.
Once on the link below, scroll down to "Share with Students and Families"
Here's a Powerpoint Presentation on the PSAT 8/9:
Here's the Student Guide for 2019-2020 with SAMPLE QUESTIONS:
Here's an excellent resource for test/concept practice:
All 8th graders will be required to set up a College Board account, which we will do in school. Here is the website where students will log on to see their scores:
Once students take the PSAT 8/9 and later in the Spring, scores will be reported. Students will link their College Board account to their Khan Academy account, and Khan Academy will customize practice for the student to utilize before taking the PSAT in 9th grade or SAT at a later time.
PSAT 8/9 Information
Harby JHS 8th grade students will take the PSAT 8/9 on October 16, 2019.
What is the PSAT 8/9?
- A test that measures critical reading skills, math and problem-solving skills, and writing skills.
- It establishes a baseline measurement of your college and career readiness as you enter high school.
How can my student prepare for the PSAT 8/9?
- Learn more about the test basics at https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-8-9.
- Explore their college board account at https://www.collegeboard.org/. Students will create their usernames and passwords in their Social Studies classes.
- Practice at https://www.khanacademy.org/sat.
Contact HJH Advanced Academic Specialist,Amanda Smith, at email@example.com or 281-245-2886.