Alvin ISD In-District Transfers
Alvin ISD Transfer Application Deadline set for April 30th
The deadline to submit an in-district student transfer request is Tuesday, April 30, 2019. The parents of Alvin ISD students wishing to be considered for a transfer must submit a completed application to the Office of Student and Administrative Services, located at 610 East Clemens St. in Alvin, or West Side Office 11200 Broadway Ste#1070, Pearland by April 30, 2019.
Only students with a completed transfer application on file by April 30th, will be given consideration.
Alvin ISD students are assigned a specific campus based on the attendance zone in which they reside. Families with an extenuating circumstance may submit a student transfer request to attend a campus outside of the assigned attendance zone. All requests must be submitted prior to the deadline of April 30th.
Students currently on a transfer for the 2018-19 school year must also submit a new transfer request application to be considered for a transfer for the upcoming 2019-20 school year.
Students who reside in Alvin ISD and participate in one or more of the following programs are exempt from needing to submit a transfer request: Special Education Services, Dual Language, Bilingual, Orchestra, ROTC, Culinary Arts, Gymnastics, STEM, and WINGS.Alvin ISD does not accept out of district transfers.
For additional information in regards to in-district transfers, contact the Office of Student and Administrative Services at 281-245-2440.NOTICE:
Transfer requests will be accepted under extenuating circumstances during the following dates:
Start Date: March 18, 2019
Deadline: April 30, 2019Pick up and return form at 610 E. Clemens St., Alvin or 11200 Broadway Ste. #1070, Pearland, TX.Student Transfer Regulations
1. Students shall be assigned to schools according to the attendance zone in which they reside. The Department of Student and Administrative Services shall have the authority to review and approve in-district and out of district transfers in specific situations.
2. A transfer request must be submitted within the filing deadline on the District Transfer Request Form, which can be obtained from the office of Student and Administrative Services located at 610 E. Clemens St. Alvin, or 11200 Broadway Ste.#1070 Pearland,Texas 77511. All transfer requests shall be renewed and approved on an annual basis.
3. Any campus at 100% or more of its building capacity will not accept transfers under any circumstances.
4. For any campus under 100% of its building capacity, transfers will not be approved unless extenuating circumstances exist.
Extenuating circumstances may include, but are not limited to:
- Program offerings. Students shall be authorized to petition for a transfer under the program offerings basis. In such cases, the student or parent shall be required to demonstrate that the student wishes to pursue study in a subject area for which no course offering exists at the student’s assigned school, but does exist in another attendance zone. If the student is no longer participating in the program, they will be returned back to the home campus.
- Siblings of students who are served in programs as listed above while the sibling attends the program on the same campus. If the sibling is no longer participating in the program, they will be returned back to the home campus.
- Evidence of intention to move into a different attendance zone within three months.
- An employee child who is in attendance at the same campus in which the employee works or who is in attendance at a campus for which the employee’s workplace is zoned. For employees not located at a campus, the “home campus” is determined by the district.
5. The district shall not be responsible for the transportation of students who receive in-district or out of district transfers. Transportation for students who have transferred to a school for which they are not zoned must be provided by the parent/guardian. Shuttles from campus to campus will not be provided.
6. A student transfer may be revoked whenever district administration establishes that a student:
· Has been truant;
· Fails to maintain satisfactory conduct;
· Fails to maintain passing grades;
· Fails to be punctual;
· Violates the Student Code of Conduct;
· Commits any other act considered to be prejudicial to the best interest of the school;
· Has a change of address;
· Parent provides false information to the school district
Alvin ISD does not accept out of district transfers.
Contact the office of Student and Administrative Services, at 281-245-2440 for all transfer questions.