2021-2022 Distribution Guidelines
Revised July 2021
As a complimentary service to students, parents, and the community, the Alvin Independent School District provides select groups and organizations the ability to share information regarding events & activities.
The District no longer accepts paper fliers at campuses except from Alvin ISD-related organizations (example: Alvin ISD booster clubs, band, athletics, Alvin ISD Education Foundation, etc.). Once the Communications Department has approved the flier, it will be posted to the District’s website and sent electronically once a month.
- For-profit organizations/businesses: ONE-TIME request per semester (fall/spring) - please plan accordingly.
- Non-profit (tax-exempt): requests may be made throughout the school year. You will be asked to upload your tax exemption.
- All requests, except for Alvin ISD related organizations MUST include the following disclaimer on the flier:
“Alvin ISD has approved the distribution of this non-school literature at campuses in accordance with the established procedures. This organization and its activities are not related to or sponsored by Alvin ISD.”
- The flyer needs to be one-sided and in .jpg format.
- The Flyer should not contain advertising logos or promotions for any business/organization other than the approved agency submitting the flyer. No fundraising/event announcements are allowed from groups outside of the District unless there is a direct educational value to students and/or schools.
- If your organization is using an Alvin ISD facility for your event, please provide the APPROVED Alvin ISD Facilities Usage/Rental Agreement with your submission.
If at any time it is determined that previous flyers or written materials presented for approval contained false information or did not accurately represent the intent of the program, the approval of future flyers submitted by the requesting organization will be jeopardized.
During the first week of each month (excluding August & January) an email, will be sent to Alvin ISD parents and staff with your one-sided, one-page, .jpg flyer attached. Approved flyers will be posted to the District’s webpage under “Community – Upcoming Community Events.” In order for your distribution to be sent during the first week of the month, the Communications Department must receive distribution requests by noon on the following dates:
NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR LATE SUBMISSIONS.
For all non-Alvin ISD organizations/businesses, PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE SCHOOLS regarding your distribution. If you are distributing coupons, please click the “coupons/yard signs” tab under “distribution request.” All distribution materials must be of benefit to Alvin ISD students, families, and/or staff.