2020-2021 Distribution Guidelines
Non-Profit, Tax Exempt Organizations
Revised August 2020
External non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations: Entities outside of Alvin ISD that have been declared as a non-profit by the state or IRS. Groups with non-profit status must be able to provide an electronic copy of their 501(c)(3).
In an effort to make more resourceful use of staff time and conserve paper, Alvin ISD uses paperless distribution for non-profit organizations. This paperless process has proven to be successful for the District and many non-profit organizations.
Guidelines for external non-profit organizations:
- ALL external organization flyers MUST include the following disclaimer: “Alvin ISD has approved the distribution of this non-school literature at campuses in accordance with the established procedures. This organization and its activities are not related to or sponsored by Alvin ISD.” Flyer must be one-sided, one page in .jpg format.
- Each entity wanting to distribute flyers to Alvin ISD students MUST provide Alvin ISD with a current 501(c)(3) Internal Revenue Service letter (Non-profit). The 501(c)(3) letter must be provided with each request.
- If your organization is using an Alvin ISD facility for your event, you must provide the approved Alvin ISD Facilities Usage/Rental Agreement with your submission.
- The flyer should not contain advertising logos or promotions for any business/organization other than the approved agency submitting the flyer. No fundraising/event announcements are allowed from groups outside of the school, unless there is a direct educational value to students and/or schools.
- If at any time it is determined that previous flyers or written materials presented for approval contained false information or did not accurately represent the intent of the program, the approval of future flyers submitted by the requesting organization will be jeopardized.
During the first week of each month (excluding August & January) an email, will be sent to Alvin ISD parents with your one-sided, one page, .jpg flyer attached. Also, your flyer will be posted to the District’s webpage under “Community – Upcoming Community Events.” In order for your distribution to be sent during the first week of the month, the Communications Department must receive distribution requests by the following dates: