2020-2021 Distribution Guidelines
Revised August 2020
Due to Covid-19, to limit exposure, informal campus visits will be restricted. Until further notice, Alvin ISD will be accepting for-profit businesses/organizations flyers to be DISTRIBUTED ELECTRONICALLY. There will be no paper flyer deliveries to campuses. Once a flyer has been approved, it will be posted to the district’s website and sent electronically, once a month. Distribution requests for for-profit businesses/organizations can be made once in the fall semester and once in the spring semester – please plan accordingly. See submission deadlines below. Make sure your flier is one-sided and in .jpg format.
The Alvin ISD Communications Department is responsible for reviewing and approving flyers and printed materials for non-profit and for-profit businesses/organizations.
For all non-Alvin ISD organizations/businesses, PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE SCHOOLS regarding your distribution. If you’re distributing coupons, please click the “coupons/yard signs” tab under “distribution request.” All distribution materials must be of benefit to Alvin ISD students, families, and/or staff.
GUIDELINES for-profit organizations:
- Include the following disclaimer: “Alvin ISD has approved the distribution of this non-school literature at campuses in accordance with the established procedures. This organization and its activities are not related to or sponsored by Alvin ISD.”
- The Flyer should not contain advertising logos or promotions for any business/organization other than the approved agency submitting the flyer. No fundraising/event announcements are allowed from groups outside of the school unless there is a direct educational value to students and/or schools.
- If your organization is using an Alvin ISD facility for your event, you must provide the approved Alvin ISD Facilities Usage/Rental Agreement with your submission.
- If at any time it is determined that previous flyers or written materials presented for approval contained false information or did not accurately represent the intent of the program, the approval of future flyers submitted by the requesting organization will be jeopardized.
- For-profit flyer distribution requests are for one-time per semester (fall/spring).
- During the first week of each month (excluding August & January) an email will be sent to Alvin ISD parents with your one-sided, one-page, .jpg flyer attached. Your flyer will be posted to the District website under “Community – Upcoming Community Events.” In order for your distribution to be sent during the first week of the month, the Communications Department must receive distribution requests by noon on the following dates: