Course: Spanish II Phone: (281) 245-2232
Teacher: Cristina Partida Conference: 1st Period (7:20- 8:14)
Tutorials: Mon & Wed. 2:50 - 3:50 pm Email: email@example.comCourse Information:
¡Bienvenidos! In Spanish II we will begin with a beginner chapter where we focus on basic everyday vocabulary used in the classroom.
We will use a 100 sheet composition notebook everyday in class.
We will also use a workbook that accompanies the textbook.
We will learn many new grammatical concepts, practice speaking and listening as well as writing. We will learn how to describe ourselves, talk
about likes/dislikes, food, clothing, daily routines, and much more.
Keeping up with your work on a daily basis is essential for success in this class.
- One 100 sheet (200 page) composition notebook (NOT a spiral)
- A pen or pencil
- A box of tissue
- Cell phones (ONLY when teacher approves)
Prohibited: Translator software sites of any kind are prohibited from use on any assignment.
If used, this is considered cheating and the student will receive a “0” for the assignment.
Major- 50% (Quizzes, Exams, Projects, Interactive Notebook)
Daily- 50% (Classwork, Participation, Homework, Notes)
Student is responsible for all missed work. Student has as many days to make up work as he/she
was absent. Student may come before or after school to make up warm-ups, class work, notes,
quizzes or tests. Participation points will be given when student makes up missing assignments.
Late Work Policy:
One day late: - 15 points Two days late: -30 points Three days late: No Credit (Zero)
- Prompt (be in class and seated on time or lined up outside on wall for door questions)
- Prepared (bring composition notebook, workbook*, pen or pencil EVERYDAY)
- Positive (always try your best and understand making mistakes is part of learning)
- Polite (treat everyone in the class with respect)
- Productive (participate in class and work hard, don’t waste time)
*If student loses workbook, he/she will have to purchase another one.
- The LOOK/Verbal Warning
- Student/Teacher Conference
- Phone Call Home
- Parent/Teacher Conference and/or Referral
*MUST ask in Spanish*
- Restroom- ¿Puedo ir al baño? (poo-way-dough ear all bawn-yo?)
- Music- ¿Puedo escuchar música? (poo-way-dough es-coo-char moo-see-kah?)
- Office- ¿Puedo ir a la oficina? (poo-way-dough ear ah la oaf-fee-see-nah?)
Follow expectations and students have privileges. Do not abuse, or the answer is NO.
Mondays and Wednesday- 2:50-3:50
Other days by appointment ONLY