Homework Policy and Procedures:
- Weekly homework for Mrs. Cessna's will usually be 20 minutes of reading daily, to be logged electronically (a paper log can be given upon request), and due on Friday. Reading logs will be explained to students the second week of school, to begin as homework the third week.
- I do not give weekend or vacation homework for my students. This is your family time! If you'd like suggestions for extra practice at home during school breaks, though, please let me know. The exception are projects given over a long period of time, and you may choose to work during the weekend if you'd like.
- Each day late will be a 10 point deduction (per Alvin ISD grading policy)
- After the third day late, a grade of zero will be given (Alvin ISD policy)
- Assignments with grades below a 70 can be corrected for a score up to a 70.
- Graded work will be sent home in Tuesday folders with a minimum frequency of every two weeks.
- If an assignment handed in electronically, the grade and comments will be posted on Google Classroom. Instructions for parent login to our Google Classroom page will be sent home the second week of school.
- It is EXTREMELY important to check Skyward regularly to monitor your child's grades. If you see something that you have a question or concern about, email me. If you need assistance with Skyward, we can help!
- Some work, such as written compositions, will be in a notebook in class. You are always welcome to set up a time to view and/or your child's work.