1872: Alvin Morgan visited Brazoria County. 1879: Alvin Morgan moved to Alvin and built a house on the south bank of Mustang Bayou.
1881: The town name was changed from Morgan to Alvin due to an already existing town named Morgan.
1882: Ms. S. H. Brown started the first school on Gordon Street.
1894: The 10th grade was added, and AHS was born.
1897: The first class graduated with 5 students.
1900: The Galveston hurricane devastated Alvin and repairs were made from donations of the citizens.
1906: The first 4-year class graduated from AHS. 1921: The P.T.A. presented the first carnival coronation.
1925: The Alvin Independent School District was established by the Texas State Legislature.
1928: The first Kid Day was held.
1930: The J. W. Surface #1 well blew in and Alvin’s oil boom began.
1936: Industrial Arts and Home Economics were added to the curriculum.
1946: Memorial Stadium was constructed.
1949: Alvin Junior college was established.
1988: A new library was added.
1989: AHS has their first mixed choir.
1989: Varsity cheerleaders go to the National competition in Dallas (1st time).
1990: The powerlifting program begins at AHS.
1988 to 1996: Covered walks were added, and several departments moved around.
1992: FFA takes 5 1st place medals at the county fair.
1993: The Jacketeers are estabished.
1995: First Homecoming parade was held.
1996: Winter Guard was established.