2022-2023 Alvin ISD Education Foundation Call for Grants
This year the Alvin ISD Education Foundation is using an online Grant application program for our Innovative Teaching Grants.
Please look over the instructions and application carefully since there are several changes.
Grant Application Instructions:
1. Click on the link https://alvinisd.academicworks.com/opportunities/825
2. Click on "Sign In With Your Institution" to log in with your AISD Google Account.
3. Fill in your grant application. With this program, you can come back to your application as you have time.
4. Fill out the Budget Form and check your math.
5. NEW! Principal Approval Form is required. Download, fill in and submit to your principal for signature.
6. NEW! Technology Approval Form is required for grants requesting technology.
7. If you have a Continuation Grant, you must fill out the Evaluation Form.8. Be sure to save copies of everything for your records.
9. Complete your grant, upload your forms, and submit by March 25, 2022 4:00 pm (EXTENDED)
2022-2023 Alvin ISD Education Foundation Innovative Teaching Grants
The Innovative Teaching Grant Program is designed to encourage, facilitate, recognize and reward innovative and creative instructional approaches that accomplish program objectives.
Persons Eligible to Apply for Grants
Individual teachers and teams of teachers who are employed by Alvin ISD and are involved in the instruction of students may apply for grants. (A teacher’s name should appear on only TWO applications per school year.)
Innovative and instructional approaches or projects that meet the selection criteria will be considered for implementation during the 2022 - 2023 school year. Each grant application must stand alone. Identical grants will not be considered. Additional grant applications that “piggy-back” a proposed project will nullify all related requests.
Technology Approval Form
Grant applications requesting supplies or items including technology must have a Technology Approval Form included. Requests must be made before March 8, 2022 to John Wilds, email@example.com. The form and information are above. John Wilds can help you locate, price, and access technology so please ask him FIRST, as he will know the best vendors, pricing, and confirm compatibility.
Principal Approval Form
Grant applications must include a Principal Approval Form. Submit to your principal/director by March 8, 2022 so they have time to review, make suggestions and return the form to you. The form and information are above.
Award of Funds
Grants of up to $1,000 each will be awarded to individual teachers or teams of teachers. The overall number of grants awarded will depend upon funds available from the Alvin ISD Education Foundation.
February 22, 2022 – Grant application online and grant criteria available via district email and the Education Foundation website.
(EXTENDED) March 25, 2022 by 4 p.m. – Completed applications due online only
Late applications as well as applications that are incomplete will not be considered.
April 2022 – Grants awarded to recipients during the surprise 2022 Winners Wagon.
May 1, 2023 - The Alvin ISD Education Foundation Innovative Teaching Grant Recipient Evaluation Form will be due and/or included with application for a continuation grant.
How to Apply
- Use the Innovative Teaching Grant application link found here: https://alvinisd.academicworks.com/opportunities/825
- Click on "Sign In With Your Institution" to log in with your AISD Google Account
- Complete the application.
- Upload the Budget Form, Principal Approval Form, and Technology Approval Form (if needed) and submit.
Application DUE DATE: March 25, 2022 (EXTENDED)
- The degree to which the proposal addresses important program objectives that directly influence student learning and success
- The degree to which the proposal represents a creative or innovative approach to the accomplishment of objectives. (It should address a new project as opposed to one accomplished or under way)
- The degree to which the proposal is clear and logical, including (a) specificity of objectives; (b) clarity of the description of instructional strategies, methods or activities.
- The degree to which teacher involvement is clearly stated and evident to the grant reader.
- The degree to which evaluation procedures are incorporated in the proposal.
- The degree to which correctness and thoroughness of writing mechanics are used. Use complete sentences that illustrate editing for spelling, grammar, and punctuation. The degree to which your application reflects how well-planned your project is.
- Try to avoid the use of acronyms within the body of your application. If used, the full name should be included at least once. (DEAR – Drop Everything and Read) Several members of the grant committee are not educators and are not familiar with education terms.
- 2022-2023 Innovative Teaching Grants are online using the online grant application system.
- 2022-2023 Completed Grant Applications must be submitted by 4 pm on March 25, 2022 (EXTENDED)
- Grant applications must include a Principal Approval Form found on the Foundation website.
- Applications will be reviewed and recommended for funding by the Grant Application Review Committee.
- If recommended for funding, the application will be presented to the Board of Directors of the Foundation for review and formal approval.
- Funds for awarded grants will be available after July 1, 2022.
Responsibilities of Grant Recipients:
- Use the awarded funds for the purposes intended.
- Submit a completed grant evaluation form and additional required items to the Alvin ISD Education Foundation office by May 1, 2023. Be prepared to present how the grant was utilized at an Alvin ISD Education Foundation Board meeting.
- Agree to share successful procedures in staff development sessions.
- Notify the Foundation if you transfer to another campus or if you leave Alvin ISD. Grant recipients transferring to other Alvin ISD campuses may transfer funded grants only with the approval of both campus principals. Grant recipients leaving Alvin ISD will forfeit funds and the grants and any materials purchased.
- If you are awarded a grant, you may apply for a Continuation Grant for the following school year. Complete a NEW application and include the changes you will make. Grants will be funded for a maximum of two years. In your title, please add continuation - ex. Science Fun, continuation.
NOTE FOR GRANTS IMPLEMENTED IN 2021-22 BY INNOVATIVE TEACHING GRANT RECIPIENTS
- ALL Grant Recipients will submit a Grant Evaluation Form.
- If you implemented your grant this year you may apply for a Continuation Grant. Your Grant Evaluation Form will be submitted with your application.
- Please contact Sheila Olson with any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org 281-331-2586
Be Aware Of
- If asking for consumables, such as "Scholastic Publications", be specific as to how they will be used in an innovative manner.
- Do not ask for salary, furniture (unless it is used in an innovative approach, the Foundation does not fund items that should be supplied by Alvin ISD), or food for incentives and be careful when asking for any incentives.
- Software will be considered IF it is pertinent to the successful implementation of the grant.
- Budget Form must be complete and correct. Check your math.
- Editing and computation skills are important factors when evaluating the planning and implementation of your proposed grant. Check your grammar and your math.
- If the entire amount of the project is above the maximum $1,000 request include where the balance will come from. Outside funding, campus budget?
Grant applications MUST be submitted through the online Grant Application program by 4:00 P.M. March 25, 2022 (EXTENDED). For additional information, contact Sheila Olson at email@example.com or call: 281-331-2586.