Mr. Zendt - Lab Room C133
Tutoring: Wednesday 3:00pm – 4:00 & Thursday 3:00pm – 4:00 or by appointment.
To be successful in my (and any) class, students must:
• Complete all work (even if not collected for a grade).
• Study outside of class.
• Ask for help when stuck.
• Bring an open mind and try new things.
• Work independently and in groups.
• Participate in all Classroom Activities
Each student is required to bring:
• Pencils or Mechanical Pencils
• 1 Spiral Notebook for Notes (100+ Pages)
• Lined Paper and Graph Paper
• 3 Different Color Writing Utensils: pens, markers, highlighters, or pencils, etc.
Students will be provided with the following for in-class use only:
• SAT Review Book.
• TI-Nspire graphing calculator after signing the calculator agreement.
Many assignments will be done on Khan Academy's SAT Prep section.
Grades are based on the following scale, 40% weight for minor assignments and 60% weighgt for major assignments:
Homework/Classwork (Minor): This section is a completion grade--completing the activities on Khan Academy or doing an assigned page of SAT problems will make up this category.
Quizzes (Minor 2x): We will have a few in class quizzes that are formatted like SAT sections. This will be graded for accuracy (and curved appropriately).
Tests (Major): Major tests over SAT units will comprise this category. Once per nine weeks we will take a full SAT test to see where we stand.
I will use Google Classroom as a way to upload your progress on the Khan Academy Website.
Google Classroom Signup Information will be provided in class.