AP MACROECONOMICS EXAM: 2 HOURS 10 MINUTES
The AP Macroeconomics Exam questions measure students' knowledge of macroeconomics principles and their ability to reason within the discipline.
Format of Assessment
Section I: Multiple Choice | 60 Questions | 70 Minutes | 66% of Exam Score
- Questions require the use of economics content knowledge and reasoning across the range of course topics.
- Some questions require analysis of different hypothetical situations.
Section II: Free Response | 3 Questions | 60 Minutes | 33% of Exam Score
Most common mistakes on AP Macro:Draw graphs as big as your fist or bigger.Apply Economics logic, you are being asked to answer a question or solve an economic problem.Stick to the scope of the question, answer what is being asked.Link concepts together--how to all the graphs and concepts interconnect.
- 1 long free-response question (50% of section score)
- 2 short free-response questions (each worth 25% of section score)
- Questions ask students to analyze unique scenarios using different course concepts.
- Some questions in the free-response section require graphical analysis