Welcome, Fifth Grade Parents and Students!
Thank you for your interest in the Nolan Ryan Band! We hope to meet with the 5th grade students on their campuses at the end of January.
Students who are interested in joining the band at Nolan Ryan Junior High will meet with us individually by appointment in March and April to discuss instrument choices.
Information packets are distributed through elementary campuses at the end of January, but if you would like another copy, just follow the link at the top of this page. If you have any questions at all about the band program at Nolan Ryan Junior High, please feel free to look around our website or contact us.
WHY JOIN BAND AT NOLAN RYAN JUNIOR HIGH?
Since the opening of the school in 2008, the Nolan Ryan Junior High Band has received local, state, and national recognition for its achievements with group and individual performances. In 2019, the NR Band placed 6th in the state in the Texas Music Educators State Honor Band Competition.
Learning a band instrument teaches students valuable life lessons.
By joining band at Nolan Ryan, students will:
We have a great group of young musicians in the band program at Nolan Ryan Junior High, and we'd love for you to join us!!! If you have any questions, feel free to let us know.
- learn how to be more personally responsible.
- learn how to organize your time to achieve a goal.
- learn how to work as a team toward common goal.
- learn how to think critically about themselves and their learning.
- learn how to analyze and react to what they see, hear, and feel.
- learn how to adapt quickly to changing situations during a performance.
- learn how to respond appropriately to failures and successes.
- learn the value and reward of focused, goal-oriented work
- be challenged, intellectually and personally.
- experience the joy and excitement of performing music.
- HAVE FUN!!!