Background. Historically, promotions (advancements in rank) have been used to reward the hard work of members of a unit or organization. Promotions recognize the dedication to the ideals of a unit and the contributions of individual members to the success of that unit. Promotions within Alvin High School MCJROTC are designed to accomplish the same objectives.
Promotion Criteria. The following criteria will be used to determine eligibility for promotion:
1) Promotion Checklist
2) Demonstration of Leadership Traits
3) Conduct according to the MCJROTC Contract and the Alvin High School Student Code of Conduct
Procedures. All first year cadets will enter the unit with the rank of Cadet Private. After appropriate observation time (two weeks), all cadets who attended the Alvin High School MCJROTC Orientation will be promoted to Cadet Private First Class. All cadets who have transferred from other Junior ROTC programs will be interviewed by the Cadet Company Commander, the Marine Instructor, and Senior Marine Instructor to determine what rank will be assumed to further the unit and cadet’s missions. Meritorious promotions of cadets considered for special recognition of leadership can be implemented at any time and at the discretion of the Marine Instructor and Senior Marine Instructor.
1. The Grade Eligibility Form is due NLT December 5, 2019.
2. The Promotion Tests and Promotion Boards will occur during Semester Finals Week.
3. The Promotion Ceremony will be on January 7, 2015.
4. Grade Eligibility will be determined by the Report Cards handed out on March 26, 2020.
5. The Promotion Test will be given on April 9, 2020.
6. The Promotion Ceremony will occur TBD.
Cadet promotion boards will consist of Cadet Staff NCOs and Officers; board questions and a drill card will be provided. The Senior Marine Instructor and the Marine Instructor will determine Cadet Officer selections and promotions.