Nelson Elementary’s vision is to ignite scholars with a passion and provide them with the skills to make the world a better place.
Through STEAM, we provide synergistic learning experiences where scholars utilize critical thinking to ask questions and create solutions.
- We believe obstacles become opportunities for problem-solving.
- We believe science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics work together to influence our world.
- We believe the experiences we design impact the depth of learning.
- We believe families and communities provide real-world connections.
- We believe student voice and relationships should be valued.
- We believe our actions and outlook impact our students.
- We believe student ownership leads to lifelong learning.
Students are encouraged to read as much as possible this summer! As your child reads, please color in each day on their reading calendar. Students who submit a summer reading log will attend our Summer Reading Celebration in the fall. Our goal is that each child returns to school in August as a stronger reader!!