Theresa Cooke6th Grade Sciencetcooke@alvinisd.netConference: 10:40am - 11:15am
- Students lose 10pts. per day that work is late. Assignments will not be accepted more that 5 days late.
- Students that achieve a 79% or less an exam/major project are able to schedule a retest. The highest grade a student can achieve on a retest is 80%.
- Assignment weights: Major tests and projects 40% Labs/Projects 40% Daily Work 520%
- Students are allowed to bring their devices to class when the schedule requires/encourages its use. I will periodically administer online tests/quizes/reviews throughout the school year. Students will be informed in advance when an electronic device may be needed..
- Device must be turned off and in their backpack when not in use for academic purposes.
- Students are not allowed to text or visit social media/gaming sites during class.
TUTORIALS: I offer tutorials every morning from 7:30 - 8:05am. If you wish to attend please let me know via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). It is important that you arrive on time as the building is locked. I will open the door on the car rider side and announce tutorials.
Degrees and Certifications:
M.Ed. Educational Psychology (Currently enrolled) BS Psychology BS Communications/Public Relations
Howdy! My name is Theresa Cooke. I have three grown children and two beautiful granddaughters. I have been teaching for 11 years. I have taught 6th grade Math; 6th, 7th and 8th grade Science; 6th and 7th grade Speech and 7th grade English Language Arts. In addition to my teaching responsibilities, I am also pursuing a M.Ed in Educational Psychology from Texas A&M University in College Station.
This your will me my 9th year teaching science. I am looking forward to spending the next 9 months exploring the fascinating world of 6th grade Science.