Turtle Race is Feb. 20th@9am
1st place - $1500 travel voucher
2nd place - $1,000 shopping spree
3rd place - Apple iPad
Last day to adopt a turtle for the race is Feb. 15th
To pay by credit card log on to www.alvinisd.net & clicking on the Alvin ISD Education Foundation tab or click on the link below to print a turtle adoption form and turn it into the front office.
- adopt a sole turtle for $5 and get a plastic turtle to commemorate your purchase
- adopt a family of turtles for $25 dollars and get a "principal's award" spirit stick
Turtle adoption proceeds come back to teachers in the form of grants to bring programs to the school like Marek's newest Gardening and Journalism Clubs.
Due to the number of students we have enrolled this year, we must limit the number of days parents can eat lunch with their child in the cafeteria. Please adhere to the following schedule for the day your child’s grade level may have parents join them for lunch.
PK and 5th grade – Monday
Kindergarten – Tuesday
First grade - Wednesday
Thank you for your patience and understanding this year as our numbers continue to grow, and we welcome more students to Marek.
Alvin ISD Vision:
• Trusting relationships in a safe and caring environment are vital to aninnovative learning organization.
• A learning organization focused on excellence will continuallytransform to best suit the needs of our students and community.
• Through community support and engagement, quality public schools buildand preserve a healthy democratic society.
• Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be provided engaging,challenging and meaningful work.
• Each student should be empowered to realize the opportunities that theyhave as 21st century learners.