Alvin Independent School District
Alvin ISD is a dynamic learning organization committed to excellence for all students and every program
· Trusting Relationships in a safe and caring environment are vital to an innovative learning organization. ?xml:namespace>
· A learning organization focused on excellence will continually transform to best suit the needs of our students and community?xml:namespace>
· Through community support and engagement, quality public schools build and preserve a healthy democratic society.?xml:namespace>
· Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be provided engaging, challenging, and meaningful work?xml:namespace>
· Each student should be empowered to realized the opportunities that they have as 21st century learners
- 1st place- Jessica Edwards: Soap Monsters
- 2nd place - Andrew Cortez: Frozen Yogurt VS. Ice Cream
- 3rd place - Ian Davis: Metal Detector
- 4th place – Addison Hunter: Jello Light
- HM – Violet Lanham: Rocks and Minerals
- 1st place - Alex Hammond: Mouse Memory
- 2nd place - Julissa Barajas: What to Drink
- 3rd place - Gideon Sutherland: Do Different Fonts Affect Memory
- 4th place – Rainlynn Janson: Different Soils
- HM – Bryce Powell: Keeping Drinks Hot
NO Charging of Meals will be allowed after May 4, 2015.
Please replenish your account when necessary
PARENT INVOLVEMENT / VISITATION POLICY
You can view the parent involvement policy on-line or request a copy from your child’s teacher.
Meeting with your child’s teacher or visiting the classroom: We are asking parents to use the following guidelines when setting an appointment or visiting your child’s classroom:
We want to insure that the teacher will have the time to answer all of your questions. We also work to insure that instructional time is not interrupted during the school day.
All students, new and returning, are required to have current proof of residency on file. We are accepting proof of residency during regular office hours (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00 pm) Along with your DL or photo ID, you will need one of the following:
· Light bill
· Gas bill
· Water bill
· Lease agreement
· Mortgage statement
All bills must be current (nothing prior to June will be accepted).