Alvin Independent School District
Alvin ISD is a dynamic learning organization committed to excellence for all students and every program
· Trusting Relationships in a safe and caring environment are vital to an innovative learning organization.
· A learning organization focused on excellence will continually transform to best suit the needs of our students and community
· Through community support and engagement, quality public schools build and preserve a healthy democratic society.
· Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be provided engaging, challenging, and meaningful work
· Each student should be empowered to realized the opportunities that they have as 21st century learners
Longfellow's Summer Folder Check Party has been cancelled. Due to the move we are experiencing some location issues. We are not quite in our new building but have to be out of the former building for renovations for the new tenets. So for now we are in a holding pattern when it comes to events. We discussed having the party outside, but the unpredictable weather and the heat has us concerned along with all of our materials, sound system, and inflatables are still packed waiting to be moved. We feel it is best to have the end of the summer folder check where we will have all the materials ready to go!
Please continue to work on your folder and we will have our end of year summer check before the back to school night.
The new building is coming along, but doesn't look like we will be in fully until August. We will keep you all posted! Hope your having a safe and fun summer!
PARENT INVOLVEMENT / VISITATION POLICY
You can view the parent involvement policy on-line or request a copy from your child’s teacher.
Meeting with your child’s teacher or visiting the classroom: We are asking parents to use the following guidelines when setting an appointment or visiting your child’s classroom:
We want to insure that the teacher will have the time to answer all of your questions. We also work to insure that instructional time is not interrupted during the school day.
All students, new and returning, are required to have current proof of residency on file. We are accepting proof of residency during regular office hours (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00 pm) Along with your DL or photo ID, you will need one of the following:
· Light bill
· Gas bill
· Water bill
· Lease agreement
· Mortgage statement
All bills must be current (nothing prior to June will be accepted).