Shalesha Smith was named as Marek's Assistant Principal at the May board meeting. Mrs. Smith is coming to our campus from Duke Elementary where she is a 4th grade English Language Arts teacher! We are so excited to welcome her to our Marek family!
Congratulations Mr. Monaghan!
Congratulations to our very own, Pat Monaghan, who was named Asst. Principal of Harby Jr. High at the March 8th board meeting! We will keep you posted as details of his transition are finalized in the coming weeks. However, he will most likely not fully transition until after STAAR as he is committed to seeing our campus through testing season. He will begin his full-time AP duties at Harby on May 16th.
His presence will be missed, but we certainly encourage and support him as he strives to reach his goals. Best of luck to you Mr. Monaghan!
Due to the number of students we have enrolled this year, we must limit the number of days parents can eat lunch with their child in the cafeteria. Please adhere to the following schedule for the day your child’s grade level may have parents join them for lunch.
PK and 5th grade – Monday
Kindergarten – Tuesday
First grade - Wednesday
Thank you for your patience and understanding this year as our numbers continue to grow, and we welcome more students to Marek.
Alvin ISD Vision:
• Trusting relationships in a safe and caring environment are vital to aninnovative learning organization.
• A learning organization focused on excellence will continuallytransform to best suit the needs of our students and community.
• Through community support and engagement, quality public schools buildand preserve a healthy democratic society.
• Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be provided engaging,challenging and meaningful work.
• Each student should be empowered to realize the opportunities that theyhave as 21st century learners.