Alvin Independent School District
Alvin ISD is a dynamic learning organization committed to excellence for all students and every program
· Trusting Relationships in a safe and caring environment are vital to an innovative learning organization. ?xml:namespace>
· A learning organization focused on excellence will continually transform to best suit the needs of our students and community?xml:namespace>
· Through community support and engagement, quality public schools build and preserve a healthy democratic society.?xml:namespace>
· Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be provided engaging, challenging, and meaningful work?xml:namespace>
· Each student should be empowered to realized the opportunities that they have as 21st century learners
Due to the weather forecast for tomorrow we are cancelling the 1st grade Field Trip to the Children's Museum. We will have a fun day planned for the students tomorrow at school and will reschedule a trip at a later day. There are no other days for the Children's Museum but we will look for an alternative location for the students to enjoy and learn. Please know that our students safety is always are #1 concern.
PARENT INVOLVEMENT / VISITATION POLICY
You can view the parent involvement policy on-line or request a copy from your child’s teacher.
Meeting with your child’s teacher or visiting the classroom: We are asking parents to use the following guidelines when setting an appointment or visiting your child’s classroom:
We want to insure that the teacher will have the time to answer all of your questions. We also work to insure that instructional time is not interrupted during the school day.
All students, new and returning, are required to have current proof of residency on file. We are accepting proof of residency during regular office hours (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00 pm) Along with your DL or photo ID, you will need one of the following:
· Light bill
· Gas bill
· Water bill
· Lease agreement
· Mortgage statement
All bills must be current (nothing prior to June will be accepted).